Thursday, March 25, 2010

Time to join in the blog world

Okay, this is my first post....... What can I say but damn, I've been unemployed since freaking July 09 and I think I may be losing my mind.

I like to think of myself as a regular guy, I drink beer, like to enjoy an occasional cigar, love to ride my motorcycle, and yes I'm a pig..... I look at all women who come into view. Sorry if that offends you but I might as well be honest...... I like women.

So now that we have identified the fact that I am straight what's all this about knitting. Well, my daughter is learning how to knit. She took an enrichment class after school a few weeks ago; while my wife was picking her up I somehow got volunteered as the parent who would learn so as to help her out. Have no idea how that happened but it did.

Not knowing how to knit I did what any self respecting guy would do; I slid into Michaels and casually made my way back to the knitting department. Once there I found a book called "I taught myself to knit", found the most masculine looking yarn I could and scooted to the register hoping no one was paying attention.

I am on http://ravelry.com now as Dadnlex so follow along and see how this train wreck works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment